By Laura Gallegos, Managing Editor
The Hospitals of Providence East Campus kicked off their $20 million investment project in East El Paso to expand needed services to the fast-growing area with a groundbreaking this month. This new project – which will take 18 months to complete – will significantly expand capacity in several areas of the East Campus hospital. This expansion includes:
- An additional 30-bed Telemetry unit
- A third Catheterization Lab equipped with biplane technology
- An additional 6-beds to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Additional triage services within for Obstetrics Emergency Services
- An additional operating room within Women’s Services to expand obstetric care
This expansion of services will also allow East Campus to improve care for stroke patients, strengthen care for women and children, expand surgical services, and expand trauma services for the East El Paso community.